This is the season to celebrate cheer, and few things make people happier than sinking their teeth into a decadent Christmas cookie.
However, where you live seems to play a big role in which Christmas cookies you like best.
Recently, Axios cited Google Trends data which revealed Americans have three top favorite types of Christmas cookies, and an assortment of other cookies that they hold near and dear to their hearts.
Here are America’s and the state’s most popular types of Christmas cookies.
- District of Colombia
- South Carolina
Peanut butter flower
- North Dakota
Christmas sugar cookies
- New Mexico
- South Dakota
Some states prefer a bit of international flavor in their cakes. This confection and the states that support it are:
- German Christmas Cookies: Maryland
- Italian Christmas Cookies: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island
- Mexican Christmas Cookies: Arizona, Indiana, Oklahoma
- Mexican wedding cake: West Virginia
- Moravian cake: North Carolina
- Polish Christmas Cookies: Alabama, Michigan
Finally, some states really like to go their own way when it comes to their Christmas treats:
- Candy Bar Cake: New Hampshire and Vermont
- Christmas butter cookies: Florida
- Hot chocolate cake: Kansas
- Kitchen sink Christmas cookies: Arkansas
- Linz cake: Massachusetts
- Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies: Nevada
- Mini Christmas cookies: California
- Red velvet cake: Missouri
- Royal icing Christmas cake: Kentucky
- Snowball cake: Colorado
- Syringe Cake: Iowa
- Ube Christmas Cake: Hawaii